Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Too Late!

I discovered a new band the other day. Something that is not always easy since I haven't listened to the radio in years (I like to listen to audio books in the car).

I was watching a rerun of Saturday Night Live. I don't always watch the musical guests, but I noticed that I recognized the band name, Vampire Weekend, from an article on NPR about the best albums of 2010 so far. I decided to watch them, and I liked them ok. So then I went to the computer and watched their music videos on YouTube. I think I had the sound turned down on my TV too low, because once I had my headphones on and could really hear the music, I loved it!



So here's the sad part. Vampire Weekend released their second album, Contra in January. According to their website, they've pretty much been on tour since then. The day I discovered I liked them was, September 3. Guess what day they came in concert to Utah? Just guess!!  September 2! How harsh is that? They also apparently came in March too, so I have missed them twice this year.

The same thing happened to me last year when I learned about T in the Park (the Scottish music festival of most-awesomeness) shortly after the most amazing year ever. Although it is a little far fetched since had I actually know about the concert I probably wouldn't have spent thousands of dollars traveling to Scotland, but it still makes me sad. Below are some of the bands in attendance at the 2009 festival. 2010 didn't have near as good a line up.

The Killers
Snow Patrol
Franz Ferdinand
The Specials
Bloc Party
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Tempur Trap
Lily Allen
The Airborne Toxic Event
Keane
James

I know, right? And those are just a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment