Thursday, September 9, 2010

Musical Odyssey

I haven't just discovered one new band, I've been on a whole musical odyssey. When I was in high school and college I went to many a concert and owned many a cd, but after college I kinda stopped listening to music. Mostly I just pulled out my old cds and listened to a favorite. Usually The Smiths, Blondie, ABBA, or The Beautiful South, but I never really listened to anything new.

Recently I been listening to a lot of newish Alt and Indie music. This is in part due to my friend KK who always invites me to concerts (Modest Mouse, Snow Patrol, The Killers), but partly because, and give me some examples if you think I am wrong, I think that there just weren't that many good songs/bands in the late 90s early 2000s. I think that Alternative music (in all its forms) has made a comeback in the last 5 years or so and my ears thank all the great bands out there for doing it.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're right about the late 90's/early 2000s not having a lot of good stuff. I have been finding a lot of bands that I like lately, too. Safety Suit is toward the top of the list for me.

    ReplyDelete