Friday, September 17, 2010

Thursday is Must See TV

Do you remember NBC's Must See TV? Seinfeld and Friends were the ones I watched. I was never much in to ER.

Well, my sister and I have started our own Thursday night Must See TV. Basically we wanted a reason to hang out together and since my other sister was always going on about how much she loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and neither of us had ever watched the series before, we decided to get the DVDs and watch every Thursday.

Buffy, however, started a precedent that I don't think we realized when we began. Namely, the shows we watch need to be cheesy, overly dramatic, or take themselves too seriously. This leads to making fun of the shows we watch. Which is a form of entertainment in itself.

Here is what we've watched so far:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer










BBC Robin Hood (my suggestion)










Firefly and Serenity (sister's suggestion)










The Legend of the Seeker (sister's suggestion)










Alias (my suggestion)











We're on the last season of Alias and then we are planning to watch the new Doctor Who. As you can tell from this list, both my sister and I like the Sci-Fi/Fantasy stuff the most. Any suggestions on what else we should watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment