Friday, September 10, 2010

Delusional Megalomanic with Benign Intentions

I haven't mentioned yet that I am a librarian. I'm sure you'll be hearing plenty about this in future posts. Working with the public gives you lots of opportunities to observe hilarious human behavior.

This post isn't so much about the patrons I help. It's about my evil plan to manipulate what people read...pause for evil laughter.

So at the library we have many places to display books. Some of these are at the ends of the shelves. I like to go through the stacks and either find books that I have read and loved (but don't check out much) or find books I think need to be read by our patrons and put them out on these shelves. It actually amazes me that almost every time I put something out it gets checked out that day. The Pages also put books on these display shelves, but they just put things there that they don't want to re-shelve. Those books don't go out as well as mine do...pause for evil laughter...Sometimes if there are multiple copies of the same book, I'll put a new copy out every day. Thus forcing several people to read what I want them to read. Fortunately for them, I have excellent taste in books.

This is also a great way to ensure that your favorite books will never get discarded from low circulation.

1 comment: