Saturday, September 11, 2010

Provo's Farmers Market...You're a Peach

I went to Provo's Farmers Market today. It is held every Saturday until the end of October. I didn't ever make it last year so the last time I was there was two years ago and man has it grown. I believe it has tripled in size! Good job Provo for working hard to bring back the market each summer when I'm sure it isn't easy.

Anyways, I went there to get some fruit. Specifically the peaches. I really hate store bought peaches. They are usually rock hard when you buy them and mushy and tasteless when they are finally...dare I use the term "ripe."
But the peaches from the farmer's market are tangy pieces of heaven. I bought peaches, apples, strawberries, and some locally grown honey. I was tempted to buy a lot more produce because it all looked so great, but had to remind myself that I wouldn't be able to get though it all before it went bad.

When I got home, I couldn't wait one minute longer. I immediately cut up a peach and some of the strawberries and ate it with some yogurt and granola. Yummy, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment