Monday, September 20, 2010

How unobservant can I be?

Apparently a lot.

I went to the gym this morning and after I finished my jog I was looking down at my feet and for the first time noticed that I was wearing two different running shoes. I've heard of people wearing one black sock and one blue sock before, but I've never actually seen any one wearing different shoes.

To be fair to myself, the shoes are pretty similar. One is light gray with purple trim and the other is white with purple trim (pink and purple trim are pretty much your choices for women's running shoes). But I thought I would have been able to feel the difference. After all, my old shoes gave me shin splints a few months back because they had lost all their cushion. So now I'm wondering if new shoes fixing my shin splints problem was all just in me head.

I guess if I'd read Born to Run, I would already know this.

No comments:

Post a Comment