Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Cathartic Experience

I love winter again!

If I'd known all I needed to do was vent my feelings a little bit, I would have done it long ago. Shortly after shamefully admitting that I no longer love winter, I had a miraculous reversal of feelings. It was just like when the Grinch's heart grows three sizes! I wanted to post immediately and proclaim my rediscovered love of winter, but KK made me promise not to until we had a real storm and I could experience a couple of true winter days (or more specifically cold mornings) and then see if I still felt the same.

So I patiently waited...and waited...and got excited when we were warned about an upcoming blizzard and then when that didn't happen, I waited some more.

And then it finally happened. It dumped a couple of inches on us and I let the experiment begin.

Results:

While perhaps my love of winter isn't as fervent as it was when I was younger. What feelings, I ask you, are though? I am definitely feeling the love again.

I still don't like how early it gets dark and I still don't love the morning commute, but otherwise I have been cured of the winter blahs. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment