Friday, November 12, 2010

New Philly Cheese Steak Restaurant

Went with AMM to a new restaurant in Provo today called Angels of Philly. I like to try new restaurants especially if they are locally owned so you will probably see a lot of reviews here in the future, but I just haven't been trying anything new lately (or anything old either).

I'm not really big on beef so I can't say that I've ever had the urge to try a Philly cheese steak before, but there were three reasons why I wanted to try this restaurant.

  1. I found out over the weekend that my brother knows the wife of the owner.
  2. Supporting friends of family AND supporting a locally owned restaurant. What could be better than that?
  3. Found out that they have chicken cheese steak!
We went over lunch and I am willing to forgive them since I am sure they are still working out some of the kinks, but it took FOREVER to get our food.

I of course had the chicken cheese steak. I also added mushrooms and chose provolone as my cheese, but I was tempted by all the cheese choices

  • Cheese Whiz (yeah you heard me)
  • American
  • Provolone
  • Spicy Provolone
Now I know that cheese steak normally comes with onions, but I generally prefer sandwiches without. So next time I will be sure to ask for this. All-in-all a pretty good sandwich though.

I also ordered the curly fries to share with AMM. I don't know of any other restaurant besides Arby's that even have curly fries. I like curly fries.

One odd thing about lunch was we were the only women in the restaurant. We figured it was mostly the lunch crowd from NuSkin, but aren't there any women that work at NuSkin? (Maybe just none that like cheese steak.)

No comments:

Post a Comment