Friday, November 12, 2010

ABBA Maniacs

I first heard Abba when I was in high school and my friends and I would go dancing on the weekends. Now I know this was more than 20 years after the band first formed, but I was still rather shocked last night to see that KK and I were some of the youngest people at the Abba Mania concert (quite a change from last week with the Neon Trees concert).

The tribute band performers were quite good, and Abba songs are so upbeat you just can't help having fun, but it was slightly awkward watching grannies shake their booty.

I'm actually kinda torn on the whole thing because on the one hand I'm happy that they're out there having a good time and willing to be uninhibited and dance very badly in front of a large audience, but on the other hand it sort spoiled the evening for KK and me. We kept looking at each other and asking if this is what we were going to look like when we were older.

No comments:

Post a Comment