Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Maybe I'm Just a Realist Now

So yesterday we got our first snow in the valley. It won't stick around for long and I know that this is typical weather for Utah, but still in the back of my head, there was a voice screaming, “It’s too soon!” I haven't even started wearing jackets yet regularly and now I have to jump straight to coats?!?

I used to love the snow. Winter was my favorite season. There was something magical about the whole season. I don’t know if it was the connection with the holidays that made it so exiting, or getting out of school for Winter break, or that hush the world gets when it’s covered in snow, but that honeymoon definitely ended a few years back. Now I just get cold. I especially hate getting in my car in the morning and it not heating up until I’m almost to work. Although, it doesn’t bother me to drive in snow like many people I know.

I still get excited when I wake up in the morning and the world has been covered in a blanket of the fluffy white stuff, but that only lasts for a few minutes. Most likely because what I would really love to do is stay at home curled up with a mug of hot chocolate, but in reality I have to trudge to work.

It’s hard for me to admit that I don’t love Winter anymore. It made me unique because there weren’t all that many of us. I still really, really want to love it, but at this moment in time, I just don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment