Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More Impromptu Concerts

Last night I went to see James. No, not a person named James but the band. If you were into Alternative music in the 90s then you will probably recognize the song below.



I'm not exactly sure why he decided to look like a cancer patient in this video. His outfit last night was definitely unique too. I've been promised pictures of the lead singer's spastically awesome dancing, but I don't have them yet. I'll post them here later if I do get them.

Anyways, I learned of this concert only a few weeks ago. Until that point, I thought the band had broken up. And apparently they had, but have since reunited and released a new album. I wanted to go to the concert, but hadn't gone to the effort to buy tickets. I was fortunately invited to go last minute. I say fortunately  because I am very glad I didn't miss this concert.

Smaller venues are so much better than large stadium concerts. Yes, stadiums will blow you away with their video and light shows, but in a small concert you are there with people who really care about the band and you are literally 15 feet from the musicians. It just makes for a more personal experience.

Seeing James reminded me of all of this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment