Monday, October 4, 2010

Shout Out to My Brother

I would like to take a moment to tell you what an awesome brother I have.  I actually have 4 brothers, and all of them are great, but I have one brother in particular who comes through for me again and again. He's one of those handy men that knows a little about everything and sometimes a lot.

Today while I was driving to do some errands, my "check engine" light came on. Not wanting to ruin my engine, I quickly called my brother and asked him if this was a dire situation or if I could still drive around. I was pretty sure it wasn't, but that's one of the things that's great about my brother is that he always takes my call so I can quickly have the correct answer instead of trying to guess.

Over the phone, my brother suggested something to try and then said he could bring over his handy diagnostics tool that reads what the check engine light means. He is so willing to take time out of his busy schedule (family, work, and school) to help me. He also makes it look so easy. I often times feel silly about how easy something was, but I always seem to second guess myself when it comes to car and home repairs.

Here are some other great examples:

  • Helped me when my washing machine hose decided to burst open and spray water everywhere.
  • Helped me tile my kitchen and bathroom, repaint the bedrooms, and change the light fixtures.
  • Changes the oil in my car.
  • Helped me choose which car to buy.
  • Helps me get discounts on large electronics and appliances.

Here's to you o'brother of mine!


Don't you wish you had a brother like him?

No comments:

Post a Comment