Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thriller by Odyssey Dance Theater

Went to see Thriller by the Odyssey Dance Studio tonight in SLC. It of course started at the same time that the U of U football game was ending. We got redirected by the traffic police and ended up driving all over campus before we made it back to the correct street. This made us about 20 minutes late. I really hate being late.

Odyssey Dance Theater has been performing Thriller at Halloween time for over a decade, but this is the first time I've seen it. Thriller is a mix of scary and comedy with emphasis on the comedy. There were definitely some goods parts to the show, but overall I didn't love it. My favorite numbers were Dem Bones where dancers had black costumes with white skeletons that glowed in the black light making it look like skeletons were really dancing. I also enjoyed the river dance number where the girls were getting picked off by a sniper. And if there are any So You Think You Can Dance fans out there then you would appreciate Gev from season 4 performing in Ghost Busters.

I'll give it a plus for it's quirkiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment