Sunday, October 3, 2010

October Birthdays Party

Tonight we celebrated the October birthdays. Yes, I said Birthdays. 5 to be exact.

In my family your birthday has to occur at the same time as at least two other people or you're pretty much not allowed to be in the family.

We have the January Birthdays (mine is included in this because the January birthdays all fall in the last half of the month)
16 - Aunt
22 - Brother
26 - Brother
30? - Nephew
8 (Feb) - Mine

The April Birthdays
23 - Sister-in-law
24 - Sister
27 - Sister


The October Birthdays
1 - Sister
6 - Niece
7 - Brother
12 - Niece
? - soon-to-be Brother-in-law

Over the years there have been additions and subtractions to the family, but they all seam to fall into one of these clusters. For example, my grandfather was a January birthday and my brother's ex-wife and my dad were both April birthdays. My niece who is turning 2 is a new addition to the October birthdays.

So, I know that statistically there are more people born in June-July-August because it was cold 9 months before that and I guess there wasn't much else to do, but our cluster birthdays don't work with that. So why?

On the plus side, it does make it easier to plan birthday parties. You get them all in one giant birthday bash.

No comments:

Post a Comment