Sunday, October 24, 2010

Starting Over Once Again

About 4 years ago, I started exercising regularly which has mostly been jogging. I never liked to run when I was younger, but I actually quite like it now.

  • You can do it alone or with someone
  • You don't need any skills or equipment
  • You can run indoors and outside
  • Even when I'm not running I now have really low cholesterol and blood pressure
  • Sometimes I get those endorphin highs after running that are pretty great

So you would think by now that I could run a marathon, but alas no such luck. Here is the problem with running. The minute you stop, you go quickly down hill in endurance. I've never stopped for more than a month or so and yet circumstances (and by this I mean laziness mostly) seem to get in the way every 3-4 months and make me stop. Thus, I have never, except once, built up enough endurance to run (without stopping and walking) more than 5 miles or so. Perhaps if I could ever do better than this I might not fall so quickly.

After my travels, I will now have to start over ONCE AGAIN. Hopefully I can make it through the holidays without stopping.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment