Thursday, October 14, 2010

Japan Day 5

No pictures today because I am just blogging from my iPod. There is free wireless internet but you have to pay to use their computers. So I have no place to plug in my camera.

Today we were in Hakone National Park which is a beautiful area near Mt. Fuji. Apparently it is a popular destination for school kids because we were almost over run by them. It was so cute because they kept coming up to us and saying, "Hello!" Then at one point some of them got brave and came up to my sister and me and said, "Excuse me. Can I ask you a question? What is your name?" Then they asked us to sign their little books. We figured out that they must have some assignment to speak to a foreigner and the autograph was proof that they had. It was really fun talking to all the school kids in rudimentary English. Although we had to say we were from California because they didn't know Utah.

We took a traditional Japanese hotspring bath today. It was very relaxing. Hakone has a lot of hot springs because of all the former volcanic activity. It is such a beautiful area.

Tomorrow we go to Kyoto. Hopefully that hotel will have internet computers I csn plug my camera into.

No comments:

Post a Comment