Saturday, December 25, 2010

Word on the Street is. . .

I had a lovely Christmas.

First, I wanted to mention the amazing people I work with. This year, we did a sub-for-Santa kinda thing for a family I know that is struggling. Everyone at work was so amazing. They are not wealthy people, and yet they were so excited and desiring to give. I know it made a huge difference for this family.

Another meaningful thing that happened this Christmas was we also were able to recover a Christmas tradition from when I was young. Every Christmas Eve, my dad would tell a story about how giving was invented. It's kinda a silly little tale, but it's connected to Christmas and my dad and so it means a lot to me. Through our collective memory, we were finally able to find the story online. Here is a link to the story.

Finally, as I mentioned in a previous post, my family really likes to play games. Well, my brother brought a new game to play this year. It is called Word on the Street. It turned out to be quite a simple yet really fun game. You play on teams and just have to think of words so if you are someone who doesn't love to play games, then you should definitely give this one a try.

Oh, and one last thing. My 2-year-old niece was so cute! Whenever she opened a present she would say, ta-da!

Hope you have a great Christmas too!

No comments:

Post a Comment