Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ultimate or Cliche?


I went to see the Christmas lights on Temple Square last night. I've been feeling like a Scrooge this year (for no particular reason) and so I wanted to do something Christmassy to hopefully jolt myself out of this Christmas funk. I had a good time, but it didn't really help with my Scrooginess.

Here's my question. Is viewing the lights at Temple Square the ultimate Christmas experience (and I am such a Scrooge that a beautiful Christmas tableau couldn't even do it for me) or are the lights such a cliche Christmas experience that my poor jaded soul cringed from the experience?

Ultimate or Cliche? Two extremes, and yet, I'm undecided.

To prevent this from happening next year, I have decided I need to decorate for the holidays. I haven't done this in a few years and I think maybe it's time. I think I also need to listen to some Christmas music. Music always lifts your mood.

1 comment:

  1. For the last few years I've also been having a really hard time with "The Christmas Spirit." There was a Christmas a couple of years back when I saw the lights on TS and basically had no emotional reaction other than wanting to be back inside where it was warm.
    (This year wasn't bad, for the record, but I definitely know what you are talking about)

    ReplyDelete