Sunday, March 6, 2011

Yeah, I've Been Eating Out A Lot

But I've had really good reasons. I promise.

Mazza - Middle Eastern food to go with our Middle Eastern Sundance Film
This is my second time eating at this restaurant. I can't say I've had a lot of experience with Middle Eastern cuisines, but what I can say is that everything I've eaten here has been very tasty. I had the chicken and cauliflower dish and it was very good. There were also plenty of leftovers which I wasn't able to get to for two days, but they were almost as good the second time around. Which cannot be said for all restaurant foods.

Red Iguana - Mexican food to celebrate my birthday. Happy Birthday to me!
I've been here a few times, but it's one I'll always come back to. They have EXCELLENT food. This restaurant has won all kinds of awards. I usually order the Enchiladas Rancheras which has mushrooms. It's pretty rare to find a Mexican dish with mushrooms. This time I ordered the Entomatadas which is sour cream chicken enchiladas. The chicken was really good, but I didn't love the enchilada sauce.

Cafe Trio - Italian cuisine to celebrate AE becoming a Master. Congratulations!
This newer Salt Lake restaurant has been winning lots of awards. We called to make reservations, but they told us to call back about 20 minutes before we got there and they would put us on the list. When we did this, they told us it wasn't very busy so they didn't need to take our name. Then when we got there, we had to wait at least a half hour before we were seated. That was a little odd.

I ordered the three cheese ravioli with butternut squash sauce, sage, and asiago. My food had definitely cooled while it probably waited somewhere for the rest of the table's food to get finished, and I felt like the sauce was just a little too sweet, but after the first bite or two it started to grow on me. The dining area is actually pretty small (although they do have an outdoor seating area for warmer months) and so it was really loud. Other than these few glitches I quite liked the restaurant. I think everyone that was there that night liked their food.

Thai Village - Thai food to celebrate Suzanne's birthday
There is a new restaurant or at least a new location for this restaurant just about a block south of the library. So my work friends and I decided to celebrate a birthday and a visiting former co-worker by going out to lunch.

The prices were pretty decent and the food was tasty, but that's about all I can say. The waitress was terrible. She messed up almost everyone's order and then forgot one meal entirely, so everyone got their food while one person had to wait for hers. I ordered the Masaman Curry which is one of my favorites. It tasted good, but was supposed to have chicken, potatoes, carrots, and cashews. I only found about 2 carrots and one cashew.

Station 22 - Sandwiches. Umm...because I didn't want to eat the leftovers I brought for lunch.

New restaurant in the same building Angels of Philly was once located in just a few months back. Went with Ann-Marie to check this new restaurant out.

Here's what the Mayor has to say. "Station 22 specializes in business lunches and features craft sandwiches, fresh homemade soups and a salad bar. They conceived this cafe as a place where downtown business people could safely frequent and not sacrifice their health. Watch for the locally sourced bread, compostable dishware made from recycled sources, and featured local art"

I ordered the parmesan chicken sandwich. It was very tasty and the bread was indeed excellent. We also ordered the chili cheese fries to share which were pretty good as well. I was expecting more cold cut sandwich options, but wasn't exactly disappointed when they weren't there. This restaurant also offers a variety of soups and salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment