Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ever Watched Man Vs. Wild?

The concept: Bear Grylls, seasoned adventurer extraordinaire, is dropped off in the middle of the wilderness somewhere in the world and must survive until he can make it back to civilization.

I loved the beginning of the show where Bear would tell you about being in the British Special Air Services and how he broke his back in three places while parachuting in Africa.

After a few seasons of Man vs. Wild there was a big controversy that Bear was being helped by his crew and so when he was showing you how to survive by say building a raft out of logs and floating down a white water river, he really had a life jacket on, and so was potentially encouraging people to place themselves in dangerous situations. So then Survivorman came out and was supposed to be more realistic. I tried to watch this new show, but what I discovered is I didn't care how fake Man vs. Wild was. I was only watching the show for British born cutie, Bear Grylls. I just loved the funny things he would say and that accent.

When I saw this commercial. I was, of course, delighted. I also find it quite hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment