Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Do All Cops Have Bad Taste in TV?

Being a city employee, I often exercise in the basement of the city center building where they have an employees only gym. On the plus side, it's a free gym, but ohhhhh the negative side...

Whenever I go, there are typically a few other employees exercising. More often than not these "other employees" are cops. I have discovered that cops and I don't really see eye to eye on what we like to watch on TV. If it's just on some sports show I can handle that, but that's the best it gets. Try watching the golf channel (yes, an entire channel devoted to golf). Even worse is watching Bambi get shot on a show about hunting, or political pundit talk shows like Bill O'Reilly, bleargh...

Last week, we hit a new low, however.

Spike TV apparently has this show call 1000 Ways to Die. It is HORRIBLE!!! From what I could tell (since I was mostly busy trying to look away) it gruesomely re-enacts stories of the strangest ways people have died. Every time it got to the part where the person would die, one of the copper guys would walk over and stand in front of the TV and laugh.

Did I mention it was horrible?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment