Saturday, January 1, 2011

Talking Myself Off the Ledge

So yesterday, New Year's Eve, I had some time to think about what I wanted my goals (resolutions) to be for 2011. I very diligently wrote them all down, thought about them for a few hours, revised the list, and generally felt pretty good about the whole thing. I was, however, in one of those "anything is possible" frame of minds.

Today I woke up completely stressed that I wouldn't be able to accomplish anything, and what was I thinking coming up with these goals, etc., etc.

I had to give myself a little pep talk about how all of my goals are feasible. I didn't put anything crazy on there and that nothing has changed in one day that could prevent me from accomplishing these goals.

I call this talking myself off the ledge, and I really hope I'm not the only one this happens to.

I just hope I don't have to do this every morning. Wish me luck!

1 comment: