Saturday, January 15, 2011

Canadian Indie Electronica...Me Likey

The band, Miracle Fortress, is actually only one man (although you would never know it to hear the album).

I first heard the song Maybe Lately several months ago and liked it, but never got around to listening to any other songs until recently. Having now listened to the whole album, I can tell you I quite like it. The songs are very soft. Miracle Fortress, like most electronica bands does get a little carried away with the sound effects at times, but I am willing to overlook this.

It also seems strange to say this since electronica seems like it should be the antithesis of folk, but there is a folksy feel to certain songs.

In true Indie spirit, Miracle Fortress is so far under the radar I could only find one music video on You Tube. So you will just have to make do with some home made videos I found.



No comments:

Post a Comment